- Start Smart Legal Seminars
- Start Smart is designed to provide legal assistance to entrepreneurs, both from Pitt and CMU, and the community at large. From negotiating contracts to protecting intellectual property to hiring, raising capital, and more, Start Smart can help entrepreneurs grasp the fundamental legal issues that startups face.
Small Business Education
- 1st Step/2nd Step Series
- 1st Step of Pitt SBDC’s no-cost business development and growth course for those thinking about starting a business or established small businesses operating less than one year.
- 2nd Step of Pitt SBDC’s helps you establish a solid business plan. Learn all you need to know about operational and production planning, conducting market research and creating financial spreadsheets to attract funding for your business.
- Pitt Ventures First Gear
- The National Science Foundation named the University of Pittsburgh an I-Corps Site in early 2015. The I-Corps Team program is a process that helps you determine what potential customers care about and whether it is possible to build a viable business around your innovation. The Pitt Ventures First Gear program is modeled on the I-Corps program. At the heart of this program lies the Business Model Canvas. (See below for more info on the Business Model Canvas.)
- LifeX Office Hours
For Pitt Students Only
- Big Idea Center – Pitt’s hub for student innovation