Organizations within Pitt
- University Library System Entrepreneurship Resource Guide
- A library guide that will highlight resources available to current affiliates of the University of Pittsburgh (students, faculty, and staff) including industry analysis, market research, business models, etc.
- The library also provides the Hillman Equipment Collection with access to GoPros, digital cameras, podcast equipment and more. They also provide a green screen in One Button Studio
- Center for Medical Innovation at Pitt
Interdisciplinary program based at the Swanson School of Engineering to stimulate the development and commercialization of technological innovation in health care.
- Clinical + Translational Science Institute
CTSI provides the support necessary to bridge the gap between innovative approaches to research and effective clinical and public health practice, health policy, and community engagement in research.
- Coulter Translational Research Partners II Program at Pitt
- Pitt’s Conflict of Interest Office
- Provide COI oversight and management ; in order to promote awareness and understanding of COI issues and their importance to the University’s mission and research integrity, they also fulfill an educational function, providing COI resources and training for the University community.
- Pitt’s Office of Research
- A central office reporting to the Senior Vice Chancellor for Research, charged with assisting faculty, staff, and students in their efforts to promote and secure sponsored research funding.
- Small Business Development Center, Pitt (SBDC)
- Works with businesses of all sizes and at all stages, whether just starting out or expanding a successful enterprise. Its resources include workshops and no cost consulting services which help establish and grow small businesses.
- Provides embedded project management and commercial translation strategic support to Health Sciences investigator teams by collaborating with multidisciplinary groups of scientists, commercial technologists, clinicians, economic development experts, and business expert
- Center for Research Computing
- Focused on increasing the productivity of Pitt researchers through the application of advanced computing. In addition to supporting research in fields such as engineering, chemistry and genomics, Pitt CRC—a unique resource for the entire University community—now adds value to work in biostatistics, economics, and linguistics, among many other areas.
Other Universities in the Area
- Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship
- The CWBC is funded in part by a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration to provide services geared specifically to women and underserved populations, minority entrepreneurs and veterans throughout Western PA