During one week each November, thousands of events and competitions in 170 countries inspire millions to engage in entrepreneurial activity while connecting them to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors. At the University of Pittsburgh, our Global Entrepreneurship Week partners with Carnegie Mellon University for one amazing week! Don’t miss it!
Click the Save the Date below to be notified for 2019 GEW!
Pitt x CMU Global Entrepreneurship Week – November 15-21
During one week each November, thousands of events and competitions in 170 countries inspire millions to engage in entrepreneurial activity while connecting them to potential collaborators, mentors, and even investors. At the University of Pittsburgh, our Global Entrepreneurship Week partners with Carnegie Mellon University for one amazing week! Don’t miss it! Individual events listed below:
- The Money Table – a graduate student investment competition where YOU are the angel investor. Put real Pittsburgh startup companies in YOUR hot seat. As you grill local entrepreneurs, real angel investors assess your investment team in a single elimination tournament. No experience required!
- Steel City Startups: Pitt x CMU – Join us for this reception to kick off Global Entrepreneurship Week at the University of Pittsburgh. Hear four TEDx style presentations from Pitt and CMU innovators and hear how they were motivated to pursue commercialization, what path they are taking, and the challenges they’ve faced.
- PDMA Pitch Competition – Eight teams (four graduate and four undergraduate from Pitt and CMU) will have 90 seconds to pitch their innovative ideas to an expert panel of judges to compete for prizes. The winning teams will receive cash prizes as well as access to a variety of resources which are generously donated from local sponsoring companies.
- Social Innovation Panel – Interested in learning more about taking entrepreneurial action to help solve local, regional, national, or global challenges? Students, alumni, and the Pittsburgh community are welcome to join us for a conversation with Pittsburgh impact investors who will talk about the various forms and motivations for investing in mission-driven organizations.
- Startup Job Fair – Attend the Startup Job Fair to network with over 40 Pittsburgh startups looking to hire full-time, part-time, interns, and paid/unpaid positions in sales, marketing, operations, IT, engineering, and more.
- Student Shadows with Pittsburgh Startups – Participate in an exclusive opportunity to visit with awesome startups right here in Pittsburgh! Hear from members of their teams about life in a startup and what it takes to succeed in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment!
Save the Date